Thread: Good 3wts?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutmonk View Post
Thanks again for everyone's vigorous feedback. But, I would like to make clear a couple things. I was not "sold on pieroway's bling". I am not a child attracted by shiny things. I also did do massive amounts of research.Looking at brand blank sourcing across cost brackets, I have casted and re-casted many different brands, and I have talk with satisfied and unsatisfied customers of a lot the brands mentioned already in this thread. But, still in this thread people have only provided anecdotal evidence to support their claims of rod blank superiority. What makes one carbon fibre rod better than another, for lack of a better word, scientifically?

G.Loomis from what I understand uses a manufacturer in South Korea to produce its blanks. Yet, they are still a heavily favoured rod company? Do they just have an inferior product that they have convinced consumer's to purchase at a premium? Or is it that the blanks that they get from south korea are quality blanks that are worth the money? And if they find quality blanks in asia is it not possible that other rod makers can as well?
G.Loomis, Hardy, Loop etc. do not get generic blanks out of Asia and piece rods together. They have the best anglers/designers in the world that work directly with the manufacturer to manufacture their rods. The factories are set up exclusively for their tapers and the patented materials used are NOT available to anyone that has a telephone, some cork and Chinese components.

You seem to be asking questions that you already think you know the answers to. Pieroway is all about "bling" as they have no say in the taper or rod design. They shop for product like the rest of us. They do put together a decent set up and you will no doubt get years of enjoyment out of one of their rods.

BTW, it is the employment of these great designers and the research that goes into materials that jacks the price up on rods. Months of time and millions of dollars are spent before top tier rods hit the market. Knock offs, not so much.