Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
The dock is open at the same time as the main lake. 100 yards west of the dock is where the extra month closure is.

I have to stand up for Brian Eberts and say he is doing a fantastic job as SAWT president and Walleye Unlimited President.

He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and is all for making a fishery as good as it can possibly be. I don't think anyone with the passion he has for fishing would want anything bad to happen to a fishery that he uses so often. He is pushing to make things better for other generations and I am thankful for all the donated time that he has put in.

Ya we could have closed it a few years ago but where were all these soap box speakers at that time? They weren't involved until the problem was brought to their attention on this forum.

I would personally like to thank everyone that has put there time in with the SAWT to make a fun weekend for myself. I don't think I will be able to afford to fish this coming season but I have enjoyed the tournaments I have experienced so far. When I can afford to fish tournaments again you can bet that I will be there to hang out with fellow competitors and bull chit with them as usual.

I am a walleye tournament guy and yes I have fished the west arm in the prefishing and travers tourneys. I am all for making Travers a better fishery but I did not know what I know now and I am sure many others were the same way. I say we roll with the punches and all work together to try and make for better fisheries instead of cat calling and putting down people that donate their personal time to make a few weekends a year a fun and enjoyable time for competitive fishermen/woman.

You bring up a couple good point a lot of us didn't know about this.WHY? Why was this not brought to the attention of this forum and others like it long before this.Why did he not lobby places like this for support. Why was there never a petition put on this forum. I have seen other petitions on here or links to them for issues of less importance then this.

You say you fished tournaments But you know now things you didn't know before.Again WHY? Was this closer never discussed with SAWT. Was there never any mention of closing off that area to help improve the fishery and stop the fish from being harassed during post or pre spawn. I'm beginning to wonder where and if this was ever discussed.