Thread: Kicker Motors
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
Any outboard with electric start will charge back to the battery when it's running There is a way to retrofit some pull starts to charge a battery.

Charging is needed when using electric down riggers and trolling all day. Also nice if your battery has died for what ever random reason. Just pull start the kicker and let it charge the battery enough to get the main running.
Having the ability to charge my main battery with my kicker has saved me twice this year on the water. I spent all day on the water, listening to the radio, electronics front and back, live well going, just trolling along. My electric trolling motor died, so thought I better head home. Went to start the main........ Nothing! Dead battery....... Nothing in the elecic trolling batteries...... Pull started the kicker, started heading back, after 10 min, tried the main motor.... She fired up, headed home. Just in time for dark!

Now I'm Much smarter with what I run while on the water for 12v accessories! And make sure the kicker gets a workout from Time to time!