Thread: Kicker Motors
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Alternator?? LOL You mean my kicker could be charging my battery or running electronics?? Never occurred to me. Mine's just a pull start sitting there, connected to nothing. Or are you talking about electric starts that are hooked up to the battery? I just accepted that my fish finder was slowly drawing down my battery while my main engine was off and I was using my kicker. Never had a problem with that.
Ya man !!!!

I have my little Honda kicker (9.9) and it kicks back 12 amps back into my battery when running.

Most outboards only kick back 6 amps - which is normally more than enough for downriggers/electronics/ect.. and, besides, when you are running riggers you are typically running the trolling motor anyways.

The back up pull start is also a life saver.

Had my bilge pump set to run "auto" one night (overnight while beached on the lake) and it rained buckets - so my bilge pumped quite often.

In the am, my main wouldn't crank as the battery was dead - so I pull started the kicker, ran it for 90 seconds, and then cranked over the main and went on my way.

I guess I still have my 24v system for my electric trolling motor on the bow if that didn't work - but it's a nice backup safety feature which is easy to use.

And because it's a Honda - it fires up like a sewing machine with one pull. lol.