View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:57 AM

I think it depends on how your fishing them and what mood the fish are in. For wallys i do like them normally, especially in the early spring where they follow lots but wont bite until you give it a twitch or 2. But if theyre really aggressive then i find it better to not have any so that they are focusing on the whole lure and not just the tail...

With pike i think someone already mentioned - ive always found if they have a trailer of some sort i have never done well with them on anything but a crankbait... i find they get distracted by the tail and start nipping at the back of it instead of coming at the entire hook. So once again if theyre feeling very lethargic and i cant get them to commit i will normally have a hook with a feather trailer that i can stop once in a while and give it some twitches.

On a side note - if you have 2 hooks on the crankbait dont put it on the front hook, only the back. Im going to guess that it would throw the action off.

At the end of the day i find that the hook i do well with is the one i have confidence in, so decide what you like and go from there!!!

Good luck man!!!