View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper28 View Post
Exactly, no matter where I see these threads they always end up with someone claiming racism or that non natives are jealous. All most of us want is for the fish and game be managed for future generations. You don't realize how fast it can be gone, I've seen populations of Atlantic salmon disappear from poaching and from natives. The poachers we can report and cut nets, there's nothing we can do about the natives in the fish ladders with pitch forks.

Back in Nova Scotia this year we had most of our salmon rivers closed because there's not enough salmon returning to support a native fishery, so the only way the natives would give up rights to fish on those rivers is if DFO would close the catch and release fisheries. Most of my favorite rivers are closed and probably will never open again as long as there are native treaty rights and now there are less people on the rivers to monitor them which means increase in poaching. It all started a few years ago when a CO tried to lay charges on an Indian for jigging salmon from a bridge.
Has anyone on this thread studied pre-confederation history? Does anyone know what the English (our ancestors) did to the natives of their own country? Well it was our ancestors and ourselves to blame for the social and finanicial problems that the aboriginals had, and have. I'm not going to give a history lessen here but let me say the aboriginals deserve everything that was given to them, and I hope the hell it last's another 500 years. Women, men and children were raped, murdered and their houses burned down. Disease like influeneza, small pocks and such were brought over from the Atlantic where thousands of natives died. This whet on for hundreds of years and recently court cases were settled because of sexual abuse in Catholic schools that were operated by the church and government. What I just mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. Today we live in a overpopulated country, polluted and half destroyed by us, the "White Man". While the Aboriginals are scattered all over this country on reservations some can sit back and say like this "bone head" (caper 28) that the natives are taking all of our salmon. The natives lived in harmony with nature, with other aboriginal nations, and when the French arrived, in harmony with them, hence the conception of the Metis. Yes Caper 28 you are a bigot and some others on this thread!