View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 AM

I would say depends on your type of fishing. If you are ice fishing or jigging specifically then you really need something that presents well and with some finesse. I cant remember the name of them which isnt helpful but they were of a braided metal/steel of some sort and they are incredibly fine. They are not the typical titanium like knot 2 kinky material or something to that extent - literally probably the diameteter of a 4 pound fireline, really nice. Ive had 6 and even though they are kinked to crap they are so small and fine that it doesnt really matter. I had gotten them at fishin hole and they are pricey.

However if you are casting and working hooks in the open water months its hard to beat a 20-25 pound 12" knot 2 kinky leader. I make my own and get the swivels and clips i like which makes it way cheaper but a big pain cause you cant crimp them, theres a special knot. You could just bite the bullet and buy a 3 pack of premade ones that are pricey - however they will last a really good amount of time and not kink. We fish thrm in saskatchewan in heavy weeds and big pike for a week straight with 1 leader per person on average. Been doing it for about 5 years now. Big flouro is a pain in my opinion....