View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
I just read a good but old article about chirony fishing in South-Central B.C. lakes. The ones in that area around Kamloops have some of the most prolific chirony hatches. The article quoted that fish could suck in 1500 or more of these in a single feed or morning. The hatches can be that thick. They explained that the trout do just swim around with mouth open and vacuum them in. Easy feed! They also went on to explain that sometimes the hatch is not on, but the trout attack anyways. They figured due to the repetitive nature they learn to just take it.

I was in a massive hatch this last summer at Maligne. Didn't have to sample them as it was obvious just looking in their mouths. Even still, most around me were not catching but I was. I was also the only one casting out and not leaving it. Once it is down, I usually do the "figure 8" strip back to the boat. Seems to be the ticket when there is clouds of these things below...movement would make it stand out a bit. And man, did they attack it!
I agree! But fish do seem to concentrate in areas and ive been that guy at time and ive watched that guy at times catching all the fish.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures