Thread: Marmish Rods?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
well we have some fine perch lakes here mayatan, lake isles? elinore, beaver ,lac la biche and lesser slave
I would have to go back to the data...but from memory...out of 100 fishermen trying for perch on Sundance...1 would catch 100, 2 would catch 50, 3 would catch 20, and 30 would catch 2-5 and the rest 0 or 1.

What I am saying is that for all things considered there are lots of fish but not near as many as before. 3 years ago...drop a camera down for a look see and spin it around and see 100 plus perch every hole. Now...1 or 2...rarely 10. Perch are a schooling fish but the numbers show...just because there are perch...regardless of the lake does not mean it is a guaranteed catch. I have had many AOF friends out and handily out fished them. Some days I can catch 100 on my panfish popper...other days the marmish works better.

You like your ultralight...it works for you so great. I don't think that is a bad thing. I just believe having more skills under your belt is not bad. Still it is about having fun...not how many you catch for most people.

Cheers