Thread: Marmish Rods?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM

Hey, what's this talk about? Some sound like fish stories again to me - always exaggeration. Buy I really do want to get to Sundance and meet a lot of AO members and catch perch!

Anyway, the true part is my brothers did make a sled out of a combination of HMW and UHMW plastic that folds flat for storage and transportation. It is incredibly slick and tough. Almost makes you think of wax when you drill or shave it. Got it from Redwood Plastics in Edmonton. Dawson there was excellent helping me choose the right stuff. Anyone needs wear strips for the bottom of their sled just give him a call (1-888-554-7700).

Horse knows about how the sled works because he and some other super guys and gals take me and my family out for great times. It takes a lot of effort to get a disabled person out fishing but I see nothing but smiles on these people's faces as they are helping me (even when we get stuck out in the middle of the lake in -30C and they have already pulled me for almost a kilometer!) I've been really fortunate to meet these great people.

Now back to the Marmish discussion and educating ourselves about multiple fishing techniques! I've learned a lot from this thread already.