Thread: Marmish Rods?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
I fish with a UL now but used to fish with line wraped around a stick. LOL Still to this day I think the stick and line I would catch more fish as I could look at the kink in the line from when it was wraped around the stick. It would either str8ten or get slack and is even better than a marmish imo. On my rod I often bend the line and put a kink in it and watch the line. The reason I use a rod now is for those pesky pike and loosing hooks. A spring bobber on a rod just turns the ul into a marmish rod with a drag. LOL. I have fished with a buddy for years and one time we were fishing together, same hook, same line and less than 3 ft apart. I got three and he got 27. LOL The next time we went out same thing but I got the 27 and he got 3. All depends on how you wiggle your jig. Most times I fish with my hook about 2" off the bottom and the perch will lift the hook and not pull. Hmmm might have to pull out the old sticks again and re line them. I would bet that hand lining with a stick and line watching, would out perform a marmish rod on any given day.

Kim, there is no doubt in my mind you know what you're doing and put a lot of perch on the ice. great post.

Dace