View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
brownbomber

Default flames game

my comments on tonight. flames proved they have a lot of improving to do to win against high level competition on the road. kipper wasn't great but he can't win the game every night. regher and tootoo looked okay, a hockey fight is not like a street fight, just because you are on top at the end does not mean you won. tootoo gets the takedown which means little but regher throwing wild punches doesn't prove he would have won, against a taller guy he would have been counterpunched and bearcat would have had to come out of retirement to revive him, but fact is tootoo is short and it wasn't in the cards for him. as for regher kicking his butt in different circumstances i don't think so, youtube up some tootoo fights and you'll see him get punched repeatedly but rarely hurt kinda like how domi used to be. you can get hit 20 times and if don't hurt you and you only connect 2 times and it hurts him guess who wins. agree oilers are done, hope they can get somebody signed in the offseason or it will be off with lowes head. flames will be in the same boat soon with iginla and kiprussoff needing 8 mill or so each and gagne making 5 and phaneuf probably in the range of 4ish. don't care how much of a genius sutter is they are losing somebody, unless they want to keep the stars and keep the rest of the roster full of plumbeers, it's a fact of the modern nhl, players are gonna move lots. no matter how much the superfan jersey wearing guys don't like, you'll be buying new jerseys every couple of years as the players rotate in and out of clubs. the flames might make some noise in the playoffs but to go anywhere have to be able to beat quality opposition on the road and kipper has to play better than he did last year against the ducks, i couldn't believe how many goals he let in high blocker side...maybe a unreported shoulder injury or something.