Thread: LR 22lr
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:00 PM

Yes, the costs in the Rimfire world depends on what each shooter chooses to accomplish.

That way it can fit into everyone's budget.

Our class is in the $100 to $300 category, farmer spotter gopher guns in the West, Raccoon poppers in the East. Ha.
I've got 3 coyotes this year with the 32gr Stingers @ 75 yards at the farm. All 3 bolted about 100 to 300 meters before running out of steam. About 40 lbs critters.

The Fall Beavers in the creek at the farm won't like the Stingers either, the old fellow is pretty big, so a follow up on him might be good. 25' feet should Rattle them.

We were plinking the 16" gong at 300 meters, but the 200 m max is our normal since the frugal ammo works ok in this range.

The Winchester T-22 ammo is pretty accurate for the price point over all,,, target shooting for them since the Gophers don't pop on impact. This is where the 32gr HP Stingers come in handy, or the Winchester 36gr HP.

Yuppers, fun to the max fore sure, old spent casings become the next 25 yard targets. Ha.

10 for 10 off the bypods / solid bag,,, 7/10 sitting,,, and lots of misses standing free hand,,, it will all come back in due time I'm sure.

One of my friends said that it's kinda nice to shoot one brand of ammo all the time since its alot of work dialing in for a different brand.

He changed his mind once I showed him the 1 shot sight in system. Ha.
Add the dial up clicks to your shooting logs, and your good to go.

I have 7 ballistic apps with sight in points for each brand of Ammo now.
Reach in the Ruck sack, pull out what ever, a few clicks and it's V ring time.

The Rimfire is just that simple.