Thread: LR 22lr
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 08:35 AM

Hey Don...yeah, she's hot here..but that can't last much longer this time of the year. Thank heavens. lol Today is especially bad for some reason, but the weekend is supposed to be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
I hear yha GRH, I had the Cadet model Anschutz rifle many years ago.

Sold it off, bought lots of 22's over the years and enjoyed each outing with all of them, the semi auto 10/22 build is slowly underway.

It will be for general plinking, small predator control, and a ride along passenger to where ever. Pattern of a mini PRS build,,, cheap on ammo is one of the benefits

I was going to the range today, but the BC forest fire smoke is just to much. Ha. My friends in BC and Ontario are baking in the heat fore sure.
So I'm out at the low land Creek today hiding in the shad of the buck brush. Soooooo cool down there.
Pop off a few rounds with the Two-Two, and enjoy part of the dream.

Lots of time to watch the ducks and Geese that are blended in with the Kows. Pretty lucky having the quite time as we gear up for the Northern hunt.
I can see a few of the plinker are coming along for the ride.
^my first 22 was an Anschutz 1450 and it's maybe the only rifle on my "never sell" list. I paid $289 for it almost 30 years ago, and it's the only gun I used for almost a decade. When I use it today, I'm amazed I got the results I did with it..considering how heavy the trigger is, and there is no replacement available. I checked online, and with Anschutz. Anyhow, the 1450D was the "Kadett" model and if I remember right, was only made for a year or two? My 1450 is nearly identical. Very light/handy. I just put a new scope on mine.

Enjoy the cool weather, and time outside with the rimfires. 2 of my favorite things in the world!