View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
I'm thinking that some of you would be totally surprised at how many law abiding Canadian firearms owners are far more proficient with firearms than most LEO's/Military.
more accurate I could maybe see, proficient not lightly. not many joe gun owners have the training to feild strip a number of fire arms and properly deal with the various issues that arise with each in stressful environment's . I will give you not all LEO's / military personal are on the pointy end of the stick. the M/T driver , clerk, wearhouse person may be bested in proficiency by many joe gun owner. however the clerk is still an infantry man first, setting the bar quite high . I will suggest our most proficent civilian joe gun owner would look silly on the range if graded against a heavy company trooper. in a here you go put these together and operate down range whilst performing, stopage, barrel change, feed drills. on weapons ranging from service pistol to belt fed squad support.
you dont race Vdubs when you own a bently. mho. we call them drills for a reason.
im with pesky, train to a standard that folks that carry these weapons day to day and fill your boots. otherwise ten rounds semi auto far exceeds our sporting requirements.