Thread: SuperMagnum!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 07:36 AM
AO Sponsor

They are significantly heavier than the Magnum, it does change the shape of the loop a little on 1/16, which is basically all I use, but making a slight adjustment to your technique, hanging them out in the trails is no problem. Once you see the results of the lightning fast kills, one likely will be happy to make it work. With 5/64" 1x19 it makes a more rounded loop.

Same setting tool can be used , but you also have to adjust technique, meaning one arm goes on the one bolt/pin of the setter and the other arm goes on the nut of the opposite handle instead of normal on the bolt/pin, right against the handle.

Same trigger, use the #2 Alberta Powersnare TM trigger. As with the Magnum, clip the trigger on the wire-end side of the spring eyelet which is also called the dead side. Never clip any model spring on the active side of the eyelet, which comprises the spring arm.

Best lock to use... It's been a Lightning Lock winter for me this year, totally except I tried 100 smooth stock camlocks with hand filed teeth. Lots of people are taking the Bridger Sure Hold Camlocks with machine stamped teeth and touching up the teeth with the Camlock file. All three of these locks will be a good choice, aside from the fact that we are sold out of 1/16 Lightning Locks for a time. There is no 5/64" Lightning Lock so only use the Bridger Sure Grip Camlock w teeth on 5/64".