View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM

Dale,

Please explain to me where or how I'm being biased.

I've attempted to clarify my position before but it appears as though either my writing skills were at fault, or there exists a lack of reading comprehension amongst some members. Either way, I do want to be understood so I will restate my position one last time.

You claimed that shooting 1/4" moa out to 500 yards is not too difficult if the conditions are good. A 1/4 moa group at 500 yards is roughly 1.25". This is extremely exceptional shooting. I have personally heard or read many accounts of such shooting prowess but have yet to bear witness to it first hand. So, when you claimed the ease of which you shoot 1/4" moa at 500 yards, naturally I called BS.

Unfortunately, some of your supporters were confused by my words and took offense to my call. Consequently, they hinted that I should come compare my shooting skills to yours. And to place some $$$ on the outcome. As I had never claimed to be either a superior shooter to yourself, or a shooter of any great skill, I suggested a shooting match between yourself and Sam Hill (Sam Hall?). Again this generated confusion among some members and one went so far as to state that I had claimed to be a personal friend of Sam Hills.

As one member was rather determined to push the issue and involve me personally, I decided I would become involved personally. As I mentioned earlier, I do not profess to be a great shooter therefore I would not enter a competition involving shooting. However, I do have confidence in my ability to reason and so challenged that member to a 'let's see which one of us is smarter' contest. Predictably, this too produced confusion in some members' minds.

Well, next thing you know, some verbal jabs were exchanged, things degraded rapidly, and a few of us decided to engage in some trash talk. In the end, absolutely nothing was accomplished. No real surprise there.

Anyway, I do hope this clarifies my postion on postings of easy 1/4" moa groups at 500 yards.

Bobby B.