View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 12:25 AM

Default New to the Forum

Hello all,

Figured I would introduce myself before starting to post. I have lurked on here for a while even before I was a member.

I grew up on a farm in the wild rose county and as such have been involved in outdoor activities since basically birth. I have since moved to Calgary (hate it) due to needing to be closer to work. I still spend most of my free time out west or at the farm.

I enjoy camping, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, gold panning and overall just exploring the back country. Ofcourse photography fits in with all these activities. In the winter I sled as often as I can and would like to get a side by side for the summer months, I cant bring myself to 4x4 the duramax. I would also like to get into hunting but I am terribly squeamish, despite growing up calving out and raising cattle and dealing with everything that goes along with that. I don't have any trouble pulling the trigger, what follows usually gets me. Due to this I have mostly been limited to pest control related hunting.

I am an avid collector of firearms. I collect ruger rifles/handguns and basically anything from WWII or that has a date prior to 1950 that tickles my fancy. I also have a couple modern black rifles/shotguns, nothing tacticool just functioning work horses.

I look forward to contributing and learning from everyone on this forum!