View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadji Ramjet View Post
RRSP are not tax FREE, they're tax DEFERRED. If you don't even know that basic information, there is absolutely no way I'll consider any financial advice you have to offer.
You are intentionally being dense or provocative. Stocks bought and sold in an RRSP neither attract capital gain or Loss when bought and sold nor are dividends earned in an RRSP taxed in the year they are earned. The only time you pay tax on an RRSP is when u withdraw the funds. Therefore, selling out your stock position completely in an RRSP has no tax consequences with respect to the capital gains captured. The one problem with capital gains earned in an RRSP is that you pay tax on 100% of the gain rather than on half like u would outside the RRSP. So yes, longterm it is only tax deferred but for the instances being discussed here they are in fact tax exempt.

In any event I really don't give a rat's azz if u take my advice or think I know what I am talking about. Anyone as artificial, and pointlessly argumentative as you are isn't someone who's opinion matters to me.