View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
Right on.

It seems that some of the doubters don't shoot peep-sighted rifles, for they know not how peeps make it instantly clear the hold is good and that it's
finish-the-trigger-press time.

With a reticle, esp. a thin one, time and energy (= fatigue) are wasted sampling the wavering quartered sight picture to confirm a good hold.

Rman what is the vertical range of that Lyman peep, in terms of being able to hold centre of target and get a hit? In other words, when the distance is known, how far out can you shoot by holding dead on simply by raising the peep (rather than holding over)?
The rear stem shown on the rifle can get to about 225ish yards, and then I have to put on the taller stem to go to 300. I don't have the tallest stem that Lyman made, and 300 yards is as far as I usually shoot that rifle.
It really isn't a hold over type rifle given the drops involved, and my charts are at 10 yard intervals.
The nice thing about those Lyman sights is that both windage and elevation adjustment have positive 1/4 MOA clicks. I just checked Brownells, and don't see them listed anymore?

R.