View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
That is hysterical right there! The pistons are not in constant contact with the cylinder! The rings yes but not the pistons, there’s an oil film that protects them from contact! I am not the only one that said this very thing on their thread! So lighten up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course there is an oil film there and their clearances as well as their higher compression are also part of the reason that diesels run higher viscosity lubricant in the first place. I was just noting your incorrect description, when it comes to technical descriptions I'm a stickler for accuracy, heck even the rings have an oil film separating them from the cylinder wall if you want to go down that road. If you want to idle excessively you go right ahead, it seems probable that you're running employer supplied/reimbursed fuel if you're fine with the financial waste of idling for so long. People who pay for their own fuel tend to not be so devil-may-care with how much of it is being burned unnecessarily. Just don't think that everyone else is as easy to blind with inaccuracy as your neighbor is.

What is up with the group of fellows who can't bear a brief chill while their vehicle is getting up to temp? I'll drive as soon as I can safely see through the windshield....