View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
What does a provincial policy in Quebec have to do with Canadians paying carbon taxes in 2007 as you said?

Yes the price of heating oil goes up this year by 23%, your Liberals aren’t collecting it for political reasons. Its also canada wide and it wasn’t relaxed, it was postponed.

What are you carrying on about linear? It goes up every year until it maxes out in 2030; then they likely increase it to 2040 and it has achieved zero. Even your Liberals can’t answer how much carbon it has reduced, which is none.
What country is Quebec in ? Last time I looked they were part of Canada.

Lets get something straight here, I do not support the Liberals. I used the term relaxed to describe the heating oil situation in the Atlantic provinces, some call it a retreat, you call it postponed. I think you got the point but want to be argumentative.

Explain to me how Atlantic Canada pays equal taxation to heat their homes than we do in west ? They don't because the carbon tax on heating oils was "postponed" so it does not apply to their heating bills. So how can this tax be linear ? Another example would be myself, I live rural and consume more gasoline than many who live in the city. Some of these city people live in apartments, don't have cars and their utilities are included in rent. Guess what, they receive rebates most likely greater than the direct cost of this carbon tax. Where is this linear to my situation ?

Yes the increase in the carbon tax is set per ton, but the effects to individuals is not linear period.

Have a good one.