View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 11:15 AM

many years ago I used to hunt with a father /son combo.The dad owned a Browning Safari in 300H&h that I coveted dearly.He never took it out of it;s case after coming back from the annual moose hunting trip.His son,borrowed every from his dad and wrecked it or somehow screwed it up one way or another.I went over there one afternoon to see how packing was going and all the fathers gear was pile in the middle of the garage floor,browning safari included.Nobody was around so I switched the browning out of it's case and stuck a single shot Cooey .22 in it.The next morning we left for the 11 hour journey to moose camp.After getting every thing set up and a restful sleep,we all went out in the morning to start hunting.The dad open the case to his beloved Browning and saw the .22 and freaked.....the kid freaked cause he thought that this time bodily harm was actually coming his way.It was a tense few minutes before the Browning appeared and chaos ceased.Even today when you bring up the subject of the dad forgetting his rifle his eyes still snap,I also firmly believe that I had every thing to do with safe storage in his house as there never was a chance to grab that browning again as it was now locked up in a cabinet every time it came home