View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:17 AM

Default Re: hunting partner

Hey all. Hope everyone had some success this past fall. I'm an avid and serious Bowhunter looking for a similar minded hunter to get out for elk this fall in the foothills and mountains. I've been hunting since I was 16 with my bow, and now at 47, I'd say I have a bit of experience. Lol. I have taken several elk, moose, deer and bears over the years. (Let's not talk about the blown opportunities)
I'm hoping to do a few 2 to 4 day trips with camp on my back. But, I'm also good with hunting out of a base camp with quads or bikes to commute.
I don't have secret spots, nor do I exploit others spots that they take me too. I know it's public land for the most part where we hunt, but I still have a respect level to not hunt someone's honey hole without them.
My main reason for wanting an occasional hunting partner is for 2 reasons (well 3, if you count my wife's concern for me hunting alone). Safety while being several miles back from any access, and to help pack out meat in our grizzly infested mountains.
If you're interested in meeting up for a hunt or two this fall, let me know. I have almost all of Sept off. (except 3 days) I plan on filling the freezer. Fall hunting prep starts now! Fail to plan, plan to fail. Cheers (Oh, BTW, I live in Sherwood Park)

Last edited by Dougewasiuk; 01-19-2020 at 11:40 AM.