View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that has voted on the question I asked last night. I specially want to thank those of you that gave a reason/opinion for how you voted. Simply saying "no need" doesn't really add much to the discussion.

If you look at the Fly Fishing forum people post all year round. I think that is because they have a place to do so, and there are no unwritten rules about what you are allowed to talk about, or not depending on which month it is. I think that if there was a separate fishing and ice fishing forum people would be discussing both types of fishing year round as well. I think that it would also make it easier for someone new to the sport, like myself, to do research on the type of fishing that they're interested in without having to go back fifty pages to find the right season (yes, my finger does hurt from all the clicking).

I would also like you to notice that 31 people have voted yes for a split, but not one person who voted yes has left a comment. I think that is because they don't want to put up with snarky replies that are posted on here by some people. This forum is supposed to be about being able to discuss the great sport of fishing, and if people don't feel comfortable doing that on Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum, then where can they?