View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
Looking good Alberta. It has given me the incentive to build one myself. You can run out and buy one but this will outlast anything that will compare in price. That and you can take pride in building something with your own hands.
Thanks Sparky, BBJ, and others. I could have went and bought a 4 man ice cube for probably cheaper, and it would be lighter, easier to sled, and in some way's they're much better.

However, although I work in the construction industry, I don't get much opportunity to get my hands dirty and physically build somthing myself. This has been a fun project. For work, I do problem solving whether it's constructability issues, contractural issues, or people issues. It has been fun to problem solve for myself and plan.

Got the bottoms of both panels painted today. I'll let them dry overnight with the heaters on, and then work on the canvass hopefully tommorrow.

I'd say I'm 70% done. Could have done more today, but still not feeling 100% from last night and felt like vegging a bit.

Once that's done I'll have to build a sled if I want to go to spray lakes or somewhere like that. Anyone been ice fishing on the Kananaskis lakes?

To be honest, only place I've ever gone ice fishing is Pine Lake because it was so close to the farm. Maybe once or twice to sylvan or Gull, but I would have been a kid.