View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I disagree.

Just like all Muslims aren't murderous terrorists so are not all British murderous hate crime people.

Your average person knows, works, plays etc with people who are Muslim. I don't hate them nor blame them for the actions of a tiny tiny minority of power hungry fanatics.

I believe the Muslim community needs to be more proactive and vocal in sending the right message as violence of any kind is wrong and not supported by true followers.

But there is no excuse. Any attempt to suggest "payback" is right is 100% wrong.

You can disagree all you want, doesn't make it any less false.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...bridge-attacks

Quote:
Anti-Muslim hate crimes increase fivefold since London Bridge attacks

The London Bridge attacks have triggered a big spike in hate crimes with a significant amount of them being attacks in the street directed at British Muslims.

Figures released by the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, showed a fivefold increase in Islamophobic attacks since the atrocity at London Bridge on Saturday, and a 40% increase in racist incidents, compared with the daily average this year.

The increase in recorded Islamophic incidents after the London Bridge attacks is greater than it was after the 2013 murder of Lee Rigby and after the 2015 massacre in Paris, two different sets of figures have suggested.

The nature of this rise in hate crime is also different from last year after the Brexit vote, police sources have told the Guardian. Recorded hate crime rose to 54 incidents a day versus a daily average of 38 for 2017, Metropolitan police figures covering London have shown. Recorded crime where an anti-Muslim motive was identified reached 20, while the daily average for 2017 was under four.

The trends are confirmed by figures from Tell Mama, which said 63 incidents were reported to the independent group from Sunday to Tuesday rather than to the police. The figures are indicative; police and community experts believe there is huge under-reporting of hate crimes.