View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
Sundance are you seriously thinking that the new regulation put in effect is gonna help the lakes already stocked with the illegal fish species???
It's just plain and simple IT WILL NOT ! it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out and is this gonna stop the illegal stocking to the trout pot hole lakes that are not currently stocked with perch and pike ?? perhaps but what lakes would those be ????
tell me what trout pot hole lakes around Edmonton do not contain perch ???
almost all of them do, there is a lits posted by Mr Don Anderson describing
which pot hole lakes are affected. why won't you read it and see it for yourself and then perhaps comment on the new regulation.
I Like your idea though with the netting and no limit but I totally disagree with the upcoming regs regarding this issue - dumb as much as almost most of the things those guys come up with.
Regs need to be put in place buy the people that actually do some fishing not the office not giving **** beaurocrats that like to carry a debates, get paid , go home and play violin all day long
I would assume the plan going forward would be to selectively kill off the lakes one-by-one chemically, or by forced winterkill, or by what ever means. Historically the chemical method appears to be preferred and most effective method but to chemically remove fish from a body of water requires many pprovals from all levels of government as well as from DFO. My understanding is that it is also very expensive $$$.

I think we can all agree just leaving the existing illegally introduced fish species in the bodies of water with no plans to remove them in the near future would be really pointless. Again both ways are speculative right now because until the plan is actually exercised, nobody can say it will or will not work.