Thread: Dengue Fever
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:32 AM

Default Dengue Fever

Went to Thailand for the first time and got Dengue Fever 3days before having to fly home on Feb 26. What a nightmare. Rushed to hospital 2 hours after we landed back in Calgary and 3 days later tests came back positive for Dengue.

We were staying in a place that had a lot of open spaces to the outside and a lot of mosquitos got in. We did use a lot of bug repellent and then put up a mosquito net the next night. But you cannot stop all bugs from getting you. Both me and my wife got bit a few times, but she is fine.

I had an incredible fever, nausea, headaches and acid reflux. It took 10 days before the symptoms went down enough were I could get out and walk my dogs for a bit. I am on recovery day 14 and feeling better each day.

I got the go ahead from the doctors to go back to the gym by March 12. I am so eager to get back into shape. Lost 10 lbs and feel weak. I will start slow to see how things go.

Looking for any advice from anyone who has had Dengue Fever and how long it took to feel normal and maybe what you did to get back to normal. I know it won't be the same for everyone who has had it. I have been researching it a lot and have been following all the doctors advice, but I have always found listening to other peoples' personal experiences always helps.

Thanks for all replies.

P.S. I hope y'all are enjoying the snow.