View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
I agree freeones with your overall statement. I like fireline its never failed me, but im not gung ho to entertain a discussion when others call a proven product junk. Especially a product thats endorsed by some respected people in the industry and then has never failed me and im completely satisfied. I agree each person has their own ways to determine whats their preference.
I also think this is a undefined discussion as Ive never fished in Alberta with anything close to 50lb line.
I had a different response ready to go the first time around, and then for the reasons I underlined I deleted it and started over. I completely agree, sometimes it's just not worth the effort.

An unpaid endorsement from an angler I respect speaks volumes to me, we're definitely on the same page there. As for the paid endorsement of products, yes, sometimes it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, and I'm always aware of that. For the most part though, if someone is endorsing a product they don't truely believe in or that isn't a quality product, that'll quickly come to light, and that person's reputation will pretty much be toast. A person's reputation is the most valuable thing they have when it comes to the fishing game, so most won't gamble with it to make a few bucks. I know I wouldn't. The "pros" also have to fish with what they're promoting, so if they felt the product was putting them at a disadvantage to the competition, those endorsement cheques better be pretty big, because results count.