View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyd View Post
I can name off 6 0r 7 with out even thinking about it . Im not begrudging the silver sliver boys, they are good at what they do . It just takes practice ,and some stalking skill. But lets face it, this is no longer the day of the stick bow,with todays modern equipment .Bows with 80%let off,fancy carbon arrows,lumenok, equipment capeable of shooting out to 90 yrds. Come on boys this is hardly a primitive weapon any more
.....lol.....90 yard shots on game are hardly a "common occurance" nor should they be

Advancement in some areas is a good thing, helps to have a cleaner kill on game.

65-80% let off has been around for a long time. Lumenoks only assist with recovering an animal and helping judge shot placement... not with shooting it?? Carbon arrows are lighter than aluminum and offer a lighter arrow for quicker speeds and a little more room for error in distance judgement....

Lets discuss the advances in rifles, ammunition and scope technology...shall we? Range finding, illuminated, fog proof, BDC, custom turrets, etc....

FWIW I bow and rifle hunt, something tells me you haven't spent much time around bows or those who use them. No that it is a bad thing but you need to learn a bit more about what you are ranting about....

LC