View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Most the wolf turds I walked by contained sheep fur mostly from what I could tell.
Interesting, have you talked to any of the biologists in the area? I think a Beth (can't remember her last name) and Jeff Knetteman (sp?) work out of there, don't they?

Quote:
I think Habitat is a huge issue. I don't think there is much for grass off the mine to hold a decent amount of sheep. Sounds strange but again I could be wrong. Areas I hunt sheep have way more grass than what I was seeing around the mine.
Wow, used to be an issue that there was too much grass on the mine, especially non-indigenous grass. There used to be a concern that all the sheep on the mine was a major reason for the sheep transplants as the concern for brain worm was high.

Quote:
I imagine all the sheep trapping and sending them away to the USA doesn't help. Bears don't help. It's a complex thing but for sure more than one thing pointing to a decline
Do you know how many sheep have been trapped and shipped? I thought it was mostly ewes, and then only to thin the herd as, like I mentioned above, it was felt too many were there.

Are you aware of any changes?