Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
This might be the stupidest analogy I've ever seen. Ever.
Just proves that you really don't understand what you're even arguing for. Greed is your motivation, not tradition.
(and I'd be very surprised to learn that any oil wells were ever dug with shovels in the past lololol)

It's really too bad that more members of the "nation" don't have the same attitude as trigger7mm and JD848. My hat's off to you two. Mb-MBR you could really learn something from guys like them.
Sorry for my absence from this discussion, was out tapping maple trees with my grandkids this weekend carrying on another tradition. The only greed I may have is hoping my grandchildren have a better future in this country and are considered equals in spite of their heritage.

I cant compare myself to someone I dont know so will leave that up to you. As for tradition, I've been hunting Elk, Moose, deer with a long bow and cedar arrows for 35 plus years and have been very successful(pics to prove if you want) and that is with a status card. No i dont put in for draws like others, I dont have to but that doesn't mean I dont have values.

My philosophy passed on to me by "tradition" and taught to me by elders is whatever I take, "I'm borrowing from my grandchildren" and I tell them that when I return from the field, I tell them what I took was theirs and borrowed it for us to eat. Hoping they in turn do the same should they choose to hunt....

In order for everyone to move ahead, discussions like this need to occur out in the open so the biases that people latch onto like a woodtick in the spring can be relaxed. Doesn't mean we have to all agree but respect our differences.

I can't and won't defend anyone that kills animals and leaves them to waste. Or hunts on land without land owners permission. I have the utmost regard for land owners and respect their possessions as I would want them to respect mine.