Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Until I brought it up there was not a single comment about the government, only people claiming how the Métis deserve nothing more than themselves. Another simple question to answer, listen carefully, the Métis would have nothing if the government Albertains elected didn’t give it to them. Is that clear enough or do the crayons need to come out. You came out hard at me saying the same thing as me. Of course it’s the government and not the Métis, who the heck would not accept what is given, do you take Medicare, unemployment benefits, old age pension, it’s been asked for and given
I find the fact the Metis even asked to be a disappointment. I think just the ASK part if this crap show devalues a very cool and respected segment of our society. I grew up reading about Louie Riel, the battle of Duck Lake, the postage stamp province of Manitoba. I thought it was all fantastic and made it look like the Metis were a bunch of Bad Ass folks. In my late 20's I actually managed to get to visit Duck Lake. Very cool experience. A group of people stood up to the Gov of Canada and told the Gov to go pound sand and were willing to die for what they believed in. Now here I find the same named group begging for scraps and talking about rights and wanting/needing special treatment.
So much opportunity here in our world and part of this western attitude is partly because of what the Metis of old accomplished. To see todays so called Metis pulling this crap is extremely disappointing.

The Metis could be and should be celebrated by everyone in the west. But here we are.........