View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeones View Post
Same here. I've never had a problem with Fireline. If it's getting beat up on rocks, snags, fish, etc... then yeah, it will fray, but you cut off a few feet, retie, and you're good to go. If you think your mono or power pro isn't deteriorating in the same way, you're kidding yourself. I can't wrap my head around some of the comments here regarding Fireline, I find it hard to believe that people can have such a different experience with the same product.

That said, I have tried the Spiderwire and power pro and I simply didn't care for either of them. I really didn't like the spiderwire and the power pro was too much like cable to me and not enough like a supple fishing line. I wouldn't use either again. I really don't think there's a right answer, just whichever one a person likes best.

I am looking forward to trying the 10lb and 6lb Suffix 832 this year. It might be a gimmick, but I think it has potential to be my go to line for most techniques.
I agree freeones with your overall statement. I like fireline its never failed me, but im not gung ho to entertain a discussion when others call a proven product junk. Especially a product thats endorsed by some respected people in the industry and then has never failed me and im completely satisfied. I agree each person has their own ways to determine whats their preference.
I also think this is a undefined discussion as Ive never fished in Alberta with anything close to 50lb line.