View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
You obviously aren't familiar, or are pretending not to be, with the difficulties the ABA faced when starting up and getting bowhunting legalized. You're not going to believe anything I say so look it up yourself.

As for restricting opportunities: the goal of sheephumper was to eliminate archery season by allowing crossbows (so pretty much anyone who can pull a trigger) into bow season. A couple years of that, harvest "stats" balloon, and everything goes on draw and no archery season. Anyone who wants to hunt with a bow risks getting shot because they are closer to an animal. He failed, and has been using his influence with the Afga to instigate problems.

Simple: "they" is an inaccurate label. It was not the ABA. It was a few senior ABA members that messed up big. everyone who hates bowhunting jumped on the opportunity to label all bowhunters.
I agree with your explanation about it being a few people, and I even mentioned it in my post. Except it's not so simple in everyone's eyes since it is on ABA letterhead. That makes it very difficult for many of us members to swallow still. Leaves a horrible taste in my mouth knowing I was depicted as having this opinion. This is the whole jist behind the ops post! The guy he quotes feels the same way. Sorry is just a word and lines of trust have been crossed. This is the point!