View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
It does not matter if SRD is the driving force.(hear say or not) Point is the ABA brought this proposal forward because of a few senior members (so I have been told) without consulting there members. This along with the ABA's proposal is exactly why I will not support them. No offence but it almost sounds like a dictatorship where members really don't have much say.

I wish you luck with this group and hope you can make changes for the better.
To answer your supposition. Nope not a dictatorship, if you choose to be involved you can. I attended a meeting Saturday morning and the issue we voted on was democratic.

Did the proposal go forward? What happens internal to the ABA is their issue to resolve...as with any organization there is usually only 10-20% participation...look at how many people vote in federal and provincial elections. Apathy is rampant everywhere.

If the proposal was on the mind of SRD, then even if the ABA didn't draft something, it likely would have been drafted anyway.

So if the ABA was asked to draft a proposal for the entire group...then I guess they fell on the sword.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 03-24-2015 at 09:28 PM.