Thread: 2020 Vanity Cup
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Careful with the loose talk new guy. There is a number of ways to end up with zero scores at the end of a tournament and at least 3 of the boats listed as 'no score' were pro anglers and not playing at cheating their way to a win. Care to elaborate on that bolded comment?

Free
Sure, there were boats which entered no weights as they were unable to land any fish outside of the red zone or simply chose not to weigh in the fish they had - their choice...There were also a number of DQ's because people were pushing the limits and bringing in slot fish. Some were just over the 55 cm "under" limit, and some were just under the 70 cm "over" limit. I know this first hand as my fishing partners friend was DQ'd for this exact reason. Not to mention the whole thing was streamed on Facebook Live and there were disqualifications broadcasted right on there for the reasons I just stated.

On day 2 we caught a beautiful 55 cm fish that with the tail pinched, the top of the tail was still under 55 cm but the bottom juuuust crossed the line. Im talking about 2 mm here. We elected to throw that fish back whereas some may have not measured correctly or decided to risk it for the biscuit and see if they get busted. The officials at the weigh shack were being very precise this year and examining every fish that was close and did a very good job. No loose talk here, just facts.