View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Thanks, Average joe. I am looking seriously at the Worksharp Precision and those upgrades on Etsy. Gritomatic seems t be sold out.
House of knives has the individual replacement WS plates for $11 each. Pauls Finest https://www.paulsfinest.com/collecti...pening-systems has 6" Edge Pro stones for ~$23 each and the more expensive diamond stones as well for $80+ each but they last a really long time. Don't want to use them on softer steels though. Both of those are in Canada.

I am unsure if there are any other retailers in Canada that have 6" stones as I have not found any. You want to avoid the cheap Chinese stones on Amazon and the like, most if not all of them are trash. If you want to go with Gritomatic the Boride T2 stones they have are ~6mm thick instead of the 3-4mm of the Edge Pro stones. Both are made by Boride but the thicker stones will last longer. T2 will do most steels you will encounter with the exception of the higher end super steels. You would want diamond or CBN for those.