Thread: Primrose lake
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Banned

My father and brothers ran a construction company in the north end of Primrose range from the early 80's till 92. We were in on the pilot projects for Petro Can and A.E.C. A.E.C's Primrose plant is about 12 miles from the lake.. Back in those days they never watched the range near as heavy as they do now a days which is understandable.. They lived in a remote year round camp while up at work. They did every thing from build leases to cut seismic line to road maintenance.. Anyways there were a few times when they opened winter roads along side and up to Primrose lake.. So from time to time they would head into the lake in the evenings for a fish and I was able to join in a couple times when I happened to be up in the bush helping during school breaks. The fishing was like none you could ever imagine... The walleye fishing was like non I've ever seen since,, they would quite easily take a jig with no bait or spoons with no bait.. As for size they were nice I wouldn't say huge maybe in the 3 - 5 pound range so nice fish for sure.. But the amount that we were able to catch for ice fishing was unbelievable.. And the White fish Jumbo's boys it was nothing for a couple guys to put 6 - 8 on the ice in 2 - 3hrs it was great..

But like others have said it is out of bounds and the range is much heavier guarded now a days then it was in those... We were some of the first outsiders in most of those places,, do not even get me started on the moose population in those woods... I do know in those days Primrose was used as a personal fishing lake for many air force officers who knows what go's on now.. I do know this that they, being the military can do what ever they please on that lake as provincial regulations do not apply to federal lands, the military is the only law on military land..

Last edited by Walleyes; 01-27-2008 at 12:56 AM.