View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater View Post
I've had 10 lb fire line outlast the reels it was spooled on. Also been using 6lb fire line for vertical jogging and am really happy with that, the thin diameter is the bomb. The problem is the heavier lb test on the bait cast pike outfits, I think I'll give the power pro a whirl this year.
Same here. I've never had a problem with Fireline. If it's getting beat up on rocks, snags, fish, etc... then yeah, it will fray, but you cut off a few feet, retie, and you're good to go. If you think your mono or power pro isn't deteriorating in the same way, you're kidding yourself. I can't wrap my head around some of the comments here regarding Fireline, I find it hard to believe that people can have such a different experience with the same product.

That said, I have tried the Spiderwire and power pro and I simply didn't care for either of them. I really didn't like the spiderwire and the power pro was too much like cable to me and not enough like a supple fishing line. I wouldn't use either again. I really don't think there's a right answer, just whichever one a person likes best.

I am looking forward to trying the 10lb and 6lb Suffix 832 this year. It might be a gimmick, but I think it has potential to be my go to line for most techniques.