View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 AM

as i have said before why make any changes leave it as is no more draws please ..draws only reduce the number of Albertan,s that can hunt.. and we are all trying to promote hunting the numbers are shown(sheep kills) that they have not changed for years and they were supposed to come up in the 80's 90's and 2000's and now they are even hunting the rut.. did not happen only so many sheep that are legal and only so much habitat that is suitable and natural.. these mines site up here are only taking away from hunting in 438 there used to be up too 400 sheep now there was 267 in huntable areas and 1067 in unhuntable area unless they step across the line to Slaughter Hill and with the horn rot issue and long hoofs from sheep not being in natural hills area. that is 100 plus Sheep- per square mile on mine sites .. and if that is not Game Ranching what is .. WOW.. what are we doing and why are we allowing this Game Ranching to happen here in Alberta .. with the mine sites being industrial site and haveing spills etc and Selenium being there too. why are we allowing these ungulates to be on these is a question that even the leading biologist's in the world are scratching thier head and they are saying that a collapase in going to happen due to diseased etc.. i sat in on afew of these meeting and we asked that there be no more closures and no more draws but they close more of Greg river minesite and draws now are held in the rut.. like some have said it is the special intrest group that have the pull and conservation is thrown out the window. the thing about this is that all Albertans are losing the right to have the same chance to hunt sheep in our province and a few the rich have bought the draw system if one person can buy 20000$ in tickets in a 40000$ draw.. before draws we went to a 3/4 curl and we did not have to draw and no sheep kill exceeded the quota that was deamed to be acecptable.. 3000?tags sold now they want to limit to 200 to hunt the 300 Rams that are 3/4 curl

now some want change
why?
reason?
who wants?

even with extended seasons there is only X number to be harvested

Last edited by Speckle55; 12-29-2011 at 12:32 AM.