View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
yup thats absolutely true......IN SANCTUARIES!!! cadomin is of course the biggest contributor, but sheep river produced one, and the sparwood coal mine produced another. that one happened to get caught on the alberta side that day. he will be in the sheep pic thread tomorrow i bet.

as for that 5%....a lot of places arent even at that. there have been a few counts showing ZERO legal rams on winter range.
its just like Ram Mountain die off's /Mount Robson 1994/etc in Montana 2009 194 sheep in fall 19 left in spring .. we have had die offs before in Alberta.. if there are no legal sheep how can you have a draw for nothing.. there was a survey done in 70.s before we went to 4/5 and full that we could harvest X number rams and we have never even got close .. yes some areas have had down turns just like deer and antelope this year .. numbers are down in the north Jasper Park i suspect die off(1994 ex) if it remains at 4/5 every year you will have some coming up .. unless Blue Tongue etc die off.s
nothing to due with hunting

they have said a complete die off in lakes then some one catches a 10 lb Rainbow