Thread: 12’ Aluminum
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
No arguement. Definitely true that they work if u live there. In the years I was there however, I saw many weekends on end where they would not have worked much past the river mouth or the small bay at Canyon. I used to fish that lake pretty much every 2nd day from 4 pm till 1 or 2 in the morning from ice off the freeze up. More than 60 percent of those days a 12 foot thinner would not have survived outside the river mouth. More than once I rescued or towed people back that got into trouble on the east end.
That is all very true, but I have also seen plenty of weekends where a 16' boat has no business being out there either. And while an even bigger boat might be able to take it, one is generally going to have a better time putting in downstream of the weir and spending a day on the river anyways.

In the end, when it comes to LS its best to be flexible and have a backup plan regardless of what boat you have. Just my opinion.

I currently live in Widewater, having lived on the east end I think Widewater is one of the hardest pounded shores on the lake. Nobody even bothers with docks or boat lifts here, just about everything has been tried and the remains are smashed along the shore, regardless of wind direction the lake can throw up real big chop here. Sometimes I take my canoe out in the thick of things just to see if I can... some days people come out on their decks with a few beers and wait for me to drown but I haven't flipped yet... wouldn't be very enjoyable trying to fish though

Last edited by Bushleague; 06-16-2020 at 08:57 PM.