View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Although I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the remingtons, that new 783 seems like a decent rifle for the price. They don't come in .223, but you can get it in 22-250.

The savage trophy hunter XP would be a great option as well. They come with accutrigger and a weaver scope. The scope is not exactly top of the line, but I think it would work well.

Ruger American seems like a decent rifle as well. I personally don't like the look of the stock.

Winchester has a new low cost rifle out now too. I think it is only available in .270,30-06,7mm, and 300 win mag though! Which is the same for the browning AB3.

Mossberg has the new patriot rifle as well. A lot of cheaper options out there these days.

I would personally want different styles of rifle for different calibers. Just mainly so you don't mix up the ammo!!

With all the options out there, you'll find something you like. Just remember, everyone you talk to has a different opinion. Do your research, shoulder the rifles in your price range, and choose the one that feels right! Good luck!!