View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 05:01 PM

I 'm on truck camper # 8 now . The first one, I had to build for my short box truck back in the 80s because no one build short box campers in 1980. All the older campers were great because they all had gravity furnaces ,but thats about it . Very heavy and the corners rotten out . Newer cambers are much better . Times have changed ,its hard to find a camper for a 8 ft box now ,most are for 6 ft boxes .
I finally found a 1999 Bigfoot 8.5 ft long and its perfect on my GMC HD3500 (8ft box) while pulling my boat . Yes it has a small bathroom I'm 200 lbs and i still get in there and even take a shower . I think it only weights 750 kg . It did not come with air conditioner ,but that did not stop me from placing one in the window once in a camp stall. Next one will have electric jacks ,takes me 20 mins to load this one.
My camper always comes off when i get to a lake for a week .
If i go fishing for only two days that camper stays at home ,because once you add up extra fuel and your camp stall costs ($55 a night plus wood) and the time getting your camber ready you are farther ahead getting a motel room that has a lot more comforts than a camper . I'm out there to go fishing not sitting in a campground but wife thanks differently .Lol
If anyone has any leads on electric jacks give me a pm please

Last edited by -JR-; 01-06-2024 at 05:24 PM.