View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
lmao, you are missing it, i thought you had found some evidence/math etc. i'd missed around this topic, always eager to learn so i am all ears, you've sort of disappointed me here man, i'll get over it

i see the same cartridge firing two different weight solids, accubonds, partitions etc. through the same medium/animal having different retained s.d.'s and the heavier ones had gone deeper everytime, due to higher s.d. (starting & retained), that's what i see using your visualization technique

love to hear the explanation at a deeper level than this particular technique, of how the two different weights would penetrate potentially the same or possibly the lighter bullet going deeper than the heavier? i'm all ears to learn something new that i don't understand about this yet, and have possibly missed

if we go there then we can get back into the topic of launch it faster it stops faster vs the starting slower it stops slower, the exponential drag losses with velocity, i'm down to dig in if you are
You do realize that expansion happens at the beginning of a wound channel and not the end right? So right when SD becomes important you alter it dramatically. In medium that never produces consistent results. Ever.

-Billy Molls