View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 AM

Post Fishing Spots around Calgary (within a hour)

Hey guys,

I'm new to fishing and I was wondering if there are any good fishing spots around Calgary that is noobie friendly. I'm looking for some fishing spots where you are allow to keep the fish. I've been scanning these forums and a lot of good things about Pine Coulee Reservoir, but I know you are not allowed to keep any Walleyes caught there and there is a 3 fish limit on Pike. I was just wondering if there is any spots where you can find some good catch and you are allowed to keep them.

I don't fly fish yet cause it seems to be a hard skill to learn, so for now I'm sticking to shore fishing with a bobber or pickeral rig. I would really appreciate it if someone can point out a couple of good fishing spots close to Calgary that I can catch trout, perch, walleye, etc. (perferably within 1hour of driving, but will go farther out)

I'm kind of desperate since it's almost Father's day and I would like to go fishing with my dad. He hasn't been having the greatest luck this year and it would be awesome if I can find a good spot for us to spend the day fishing.

Cheers guys and good luck on your fishing trips.