View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post
I remember asking a pro shooter at my first 3D what was wrong with my equipment because it wasn't shooting the same in the afternoon as it was in the morning. He said at this stage in your shooting assume it is you. Never forgot that one LOL
Those are words to live by. For myself if my bow is not hitting the point of impact I am aiming at I will not move my sight until it has been consistently off for 2 or 3 range sessions. Even then I am hesitant, and will usually go home and check the tune to see if something has gone bad.

Today's premium bow line ups are built so good that they are generally extremely stable, and if things are changing it is a sign that something may be going bad. Generally I find the biggest wildcard is the string/cables. If they are made of older materials or cheaper materials that are not non-streach, invest in some that are made of "x" or "452x" or a handful of other premium string materials. A little research on materials and string makers is easy to do and will often keep your bow from continuously changing.

Norm