View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@RN@GE View Post
Those test are all done by professional anglers. There not taking into affect the amount of people that pull there fish up onto rocks and onto the grass then put there 1 foot on the fish while they yank with a pair of pliers. Then toss it back about 6 mins later with it mouth/gills totally destroyed. Does it really matter nope. Most of the people using barbed hooks still are inexperienced people that have no clue how to handle fish and more concerned about keeping there 8 cent hook instead of saving the fish. I’m sure the amount of people using barbed hooks is close to 50 percent. That’s about the same amount of people that have no clue on how to handle fish. Maybe 10 percent get caught and maybe 2 percent actually get a ticket. I’m sure most of the guys complaining about them are the same guys i see chucking bait at trout lakes every year just after they stock it. Letting the 6 inch trout swallow the hook then reeling it in as fast as they can. Then they yank there 8 cent hook out of the gill. Then there go ahead and toss the trout bleeding out of the gills back into the water. You can usually spot these guys pretty easily there have piles of small dead trout around them.

50% use barbed hooks???? I think your out to lunch on that little stat.

Usually Spot these guys??? hmmmm nope.

and lastly "8 cent hook" ???? Where are you shopping?